Several people have asked us which measures have been put in place at C.H.S.L.D. Château Westmount to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
We would like to assure you that as of today, no residents have tested positive for COVID-19. Unlike other C.H.S.L.D. or residence, we are blessed by the configuration of our facility. Indeed, all of our rooms are private and they all have private bathrooms. This greatly reduces the risk of contamination.
We have put restrictive measures in place since the beginning of the pandemic. In coordination with the recommendations of the «Direction de la Santé Publique» (DSP) and CIUSSS Centre-West of Montreal, we have increased the severity of the measures according to the risk of community spread.
Specifically, we have:
- Closed access to all visitors;
- Stop all private services;
- Establishes a transition area at the front door and implements a disinfection procedure for delivered packages;
- Increase cleaning and disinfection of “High Touch” common areas;
- Introduced a procedure for wearing protective equipment for contractors who must go to C.H.S.L.D. Château Westmount;
- Require all employees to change uniforms at the beginning and end of their shifts;
- Prohibits the movement of employees between units if their duties do not require it;
- Apply a 14-day quarantine for all residents who need to go outside for essential appointments;
- Apply a 14-day quarantine for all new residents;
- Increase hand-washing training for all staff.
In addition, the DSP has reported a high number of people who have contracted the virus in the community lately; this does increase the risk that an employee being contagious while being asymptomatic.
To address this risk, we have asked all of our employees to start wearing a procedural mask. This will reduce the possibility of spreading to our residents in case one of our employees would be asymptomatic.
All our actions are carried out in consultation with the health authorities and are aimed solely at protecting our residents. We invite you to continue your contact with them via phone calls or videoconferencing.
Thank you all for your understanding,