Following the vaccination of our residents, we decided to allow significant caregivers the opportunity to visit residents in their rooms.
However, we must always ensure the safety of our residents and our employees. To do so, there will be several conditions that will have to be respected.
- Only significant individuals will be able to take advantage of this privilege.
- A maximum of 2 significant persons per resident will be allowed.
- Only one caregiver at a time will be able to visit.
- Prior training on hand hygiene and the wearing of PPE will need to be followed before the start of the visits.
- A questionnaire regarding the presence of symptoms will need to be answered upon arrival of the caregiver for EVERY visit.
- The wear of masks and PPE will need to be respected at all times during the visit.
- Caregivers will only have access to the resident’s room. Common areas will not be accessible to them.
- Failure to comply with any of these rules will result in the revocation of the visitation privilege.
No caregiver who has symptoms, who has been in contact with a positive person in the last 14 days, who returns from travel within the last 14 days, or who has tested positive in the last 10 days will be admitted.
You can sign up for ICP training by filling out the following form:
The permitted access hours will be from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the evening.
Please note that these restrictions do not apply to members of a resident that is receiving end-of-life care.